netnea technical consultant
webserver security engineer, linux sysadmin
Dr. phil. (History), University of Fribourg, Switzerland
Steps and Skills:
- ModSecurity user, developer of the whitelist configuration editor Remo.
- Apache engineer with a certain interest in mod_rewrite.
- Experience in PHP, Perl and Ruby development.
- Publications on database architecture in a scholarly setting, articles in Sysadmin Magazine and the German Linux Magazin.
- 2nd level LPI certified (LPIC-2).
- Christian Folini speaks German, English and French; all three fluently.
- Remo - the rule editor for modsecurity, an apache security module.
- Design and build the infrastructure for a gnu/linux desktop environment with several hundred clients, including package server, update mechanisms and configuration management.
- Integrate several secured extranet applications into a corporate user management running Microsoft Active Directory.
Hobbies and Interests:
"I think IT projects are about supporting social systems - about communications between people and machines. They tend to fail due to cultural issues."
-- Tim Berners-Lee