netnea senior security consultant
webserver engineer and system administrator
Dr. phil. (History), University of Fribourg, Switzerland
Steps and Skills
- OWASP ModSecurity Core Rules committer and developer, developer of the whitelist configuration editor Remo.
- Apache engineer with a strong interest in authentication and DDoS Defense.
- Publications on database architecture in a scholarly setting, articles in Sysadmin Magazine and the German Linux Magazin.
- Experienced teacher and coach.
- 3rd level LPI certified (LPIC-3 Security).
- Christian Folini speaks German, English and French; all three fluently.
- Design and implementation of the reverse proxy, the authencation layer and the web application firewall of a mid-sized Swiss bank.
- Design and implementation of the reverse proxy layer for 120 dedicated services of a very big Swiss company.
- Active Defender in one of the best known Swiss DDoS attacks.
- Vice-President Swiss Cyber Experts.
- Co-Organiser of the Swiss Cyberstorm IT Conference.
- Author of a dozen Apache tutorials here at netnea.
- Developer of Remo – a whitelist rule editor for ModSecurity.
Certificates and Trainings
- Linux Professional Institute Certificate Level 3 (LPIC-3 Security).
Interests and hobbies:
- My family, the historical house and our garden.
- Medieval Reenactment with the Company of Saynt George.